Sunday, July 24, 2011

Congressan Adam Kinzinger on Meet The Press: "We Refuse to Fail"

Making his first appearance on Meet The Press this morning, Illinois 11th Congressional District Congressman Adam Kinzinger stated (starting at 9:05), "My grandfather fought in World War II, and I remember him in tears when he tried to recount his experiences just before he died, he couldn't do it.  I think of the generations from the men who signed the Declaration of Independence that said, this is going to cost us our life, but we're going to do it.  And the generations of people like Senator Hegel who fought, like when I was in Iraq and Afghanistan and the people I fought with.  The investment we've made in this country, we refuse to fail. I absolutely refuse to say that this is something we can't do, that we're accepting second best.  America is the greatest country in the world and we're going to pull through."

Watch the entire roundtable: